FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » [HELP] Unable to search for "saturate", "saturation", "saturating", "saturated" with single search?
icon9.gif  [HELP] Unable to search for "saturate", "saturation", "saturating", "saturated" with single search? [message #1823] Tue, 23 July 2024 20:43 Go to next message
foxtrotter
Hi, i'm a new Foxtrot user and I am unable to figure out how i can search for a root string (e.g., "saturat") and have the search surface all strings containing this root string (e.g., "saturate", "saturating", "saturation", "saturated").

Searching for "saturat" alone does not work and I don't think foxtrot supports boolean operators so I may search for "saturate OR saturating OR saturation OR saturated".

Thanks for reading!
Re: [HELP] Unable to search for "saturate", "saturation", "saturating", "saturated" with single search? [message #1824 is a reply to message #1823] Wed, 24 July 2024 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johseb
You need to use the asterisk wildcard i.e. you have to search for
saturat*
You can find a short summary of FT syntax under the menubar item Help > FoxTrot Query Syntax.
Re: [HELP] Unable to search for "saturate", "saturation", "saturating", "saturated" with single search? [message #1825 is a reply to message #1823] Wed, 24 July 2024 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
You can use the * wildcard, and / or use the | boolean operator; for example
saturat* | engorge*
would find either saturated or engorgement.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: [HELP] Unable to search for "saturate", "saturation", "saturating", "saturated" with single search? [message #1826 is a reply to message #1825] Thu, 25 July 2024 21:08 Go to previous message
foxtrotter
Thanks johseb & FoxTrot Engineering for the helpful solutions.
Previous Topic: Search, sort using custom file attributes
Next Topic: Customer Service Failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:19:29 GMT+2 2024