FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » FoxTrot Pr0 7.0 not turning up expected results (Files known to be there aren't coming up in results)
FoxTrot Pr0 7.0 not turning up expected results [message #1079] Wed, 15 July 2020 23:13 Go to next message
Grant Barrett
Since updating to FoxTrot Pro 7.0, I'm not getting the expected search results in any of my indexes. Even simple searches for words like "many" or "more" aren't turning up files when I know they should. If any results show, they are just a few files and nowhere near the many results I should be seeing. In some indexes, I get no results when I know there should be hundreds.

I am rebuilding all of the Spotlight indexes and I have already rebuilt my FT indexes. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks.
Re: FoxTrot Pr0 7.0 not turning up expected results [message #1080 is a reply to message #1079] Thu, 16 July 2020 08:31 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
Make sure that you are searching [in: all indexed locations], just below the search field. And that no categorizer (item kind, age etc) is filtering the results, and that the relevance filter has not been set to a very low value. Maybe you can send a screenshot of your search window.
In the "manage indices" window, does your index show a coherent number of indexed files, and index size?

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: Search token highlight color bug
Next Topic: zoom to fit preview window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:10:30 GMT+2 2024