FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Default Template
Default Template [message #1089] Fri, 21 August 2020 20:15 Go to next message
Bruce Lewis
How do I set a template as the default? FT 7.
Re: Default Template [message #1090 is a reply to message #1089] Sat, 22 August 2020 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
There is a default template for the system menu. To define it, in the Bookmarks and History window, click at the right of template in the list to set the fox tail icon. Or, with version 7, use the contextual menu (right click).
However, there is no default template for the search window; it will always use the criteria from the previous search.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Default Template [message #1209 is a reply to message #1090] Wed, 19 May 2021 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce Lewis
As far as I can see, it is totally random as to when it opens with the default template I set and when it opens with another template—essentially with all my indexes checked and other differences. Very frustrating.
Re: Default Template [message #1210 is a reply to message #1209] Thu, 20 May 2021 11:43 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
There is no randomness: new search windows / tabs always re-use the last search criteria used. There is no "default" template, just a "system menu template".
We will however add a new hidden preference (requiring using Terminal.app) in version 7.1, to always use the system menu template as a default template for new searches. We may also add a preference pane item if there is user requests for this.
To set the preference (only valid when using version 7.1, not yet released), paste this in Terminal.app:
defaults write com.ctmdev.FoxTrotShared AlwaysUseSystemMenuTemplate -bool YES

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: System menu (menu bar)
Next Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Pro 7.1b1 available for private testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:53:42 GMT+2 2024