FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Unable to set up iOS FoxTrot Attache with Google Drive (support, foxtrot attache, google drive)
Unable to set up iOS FoxTrot Attache with Google Drive [message #1107] Wed, 16 December 2020 06:46 Go to next message
ozdazza
I just purchased Foxtrot Pro and the iOS FoxTrot Attache application.

I am trying to set up Foxtrot Pro so that I can search the database (index?) on my iPad. I am trying to use Google Drive (though I would much prefer DropBox).

Despite being able to use Google Drive on my iMac with other applications, I cannot seem to get FoxTrot Pro to work with Google Drive. I end up getting the message: "Can’t find the Google Drive folder. Make sure Google Drive is installed on your Mac, or manually select the Google Drive folder.” I can confirm that Google Drive is installed on my Mac and working properly.

I am using the latest Mac OS (Big Sur).

Could please guide me to have it all up and working?

PS. FoxTrot Pro is an excellent piece of software. Thank you so much for your commitment in making it available.
I sent an email to support about a week ago and have not heard back yet. So I posted here too.
Re: Unable to set up iOS FoxTrot Attache with Google Drive [message #1330 is a reply to message #1107] Mon, 10 January 2022 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Lea
Could some kind person take the time to explain to us mere mortals how to sync Foxtrot indexes from Google drive on IOS so that they can be used in Attache? The Attache app does not appear in the general iPadOS settings pane, nor is there any indication anywhere of how to tweak IOS Attache so that it looks for its index anywhere other than inside itself. Yet there is a startup message in Attache (if no index is present) saying that you can use Google drive sync. I cannot find any user guide for IOS Attache. This is not really how it should be.
Re: Unable to set up iOS FoxTrot Attache with Google Drive [message #1331 is a reply to message #1330] Mon, 10 January 2022 12:49 Go to previous message
CTM info
Hello,

You are right in that we should update Attache to remove this option: the API that we use is no longer supported by Google and will no longer work. This is on our to-do list for the next build.

A safe way to move Indices into Attache is to use iMazing, iTunes or the macOS 11 Finder. We know this is probably not what you would like to read, but it is the reality.

kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Previous Topic: Noobie: where do you find a listing of folders designated to be indexed?
Next Topic: The Mouseover Function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:29:39 GMT+1 2024