FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Rebuilding without files present? (Rebuilding an index in FoxTrot Admin)
Rebuilding without files present? [message #1255] Sat, 21 August 2021 02:08 Go to next message
Kyle
As part of the upgrade of FoxTrot Admin from 7.0.4 to 7.1, each index needs to be rebuilt. I've done this on two already and it was seamless. However, one index no longer has files connected. The original file locations moved from our NAS to an LTO system (a modern tape + disk long-term backup solution for anyone who doesn't know). And we can't index the LTO system because of it's limitations. My plan was to continue to use the old index for text-only results -- that's still helpful for us. How long can I used an index from an old version without issue? Can I just never rebuild it and be fine?
Re: Rebuilding without files present? [message #1256 is a reply to message #1255] Sat, 21 August 2021 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Previous indices can be used as long as you want. It is recommended to rebuild them because some symbol characters are now indexed, and the rules that define word boundaries have changed a little bit, but as long as you search words only composed of letters or numbers, there should be no problem at all.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Rebuilding without files present? [message #1263 is a reply to message #1256] Mon, 23 August 2021 16:18 Go to previous message
Kyle
Thank you Smile That helps.
Previous Topic: Foxtrot Query syntax for exclusion not working?
Next Topic: Is Foxtrot able to index extended attribute such as "Where from"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:39:42 GMT+2 2024