FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Noobie: where do you find a listing of folders designated to be indexed? (Program preference settings?)
Noobie: where do you find a listing of folders designated to be indexed? [message #1326] Wed, 05 January 2022 23:16 Go to next message
gravytop
I tried to find something in help about this, and maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I don't want to tap buttons and menus all afternoon, so can someone tell me how you pull up a list of the folders that FT Personal is set to index?

FoxTrot help documentation appears to be an afterthough, and I think I would have had to poke around there forever to find an answer too. Their help section isn't even searchable? Am I right?

CB
Re: Noobie: where do you find a listing of folders designated to be indexed? [message #1327 is a reply to message #1326] Sun, 09 January 2022 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gravytop
Holy cow -- either no one knows, or it can't be done! I'm kind of flabbergasted. How can a search app not have a way to disclose the scope of your search? I think I'll put of buyion Pro till forever.
Re: Noobie: where do you find a listing of folders designated to be indexed? [message #1329 is a reply to message #1326] Sun, 09 January 2022 13:02 Go to previous message
CTM info
Hello,

We overlooked your message as the answer seemed self-evident to us that this was already resolved, which obviously was a mistake:

In FoxTrot Personal, designate the list of folders to be indexed in the Preferences dialog, Files pane.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Previous Topic: Problems with indexing on Synology NAS with macOS 12.1. and SMB
Next Topic: Unable to set up iOS FoxTrot Attache with Google Drive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:44 GMT+1 2024