FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Lower bound for proximity search
Lower bound for proximity search [message #1358] Sun, 20 February 2022 06:13 Go to next message
Lrpom
Is it possible to set a lower bound for proximity searches? I'm trying to find "John Smith" within 10-15 words of "bill jones" but not within 1-10 words. The reason for this is that I've already done {10}"John Smith" "bill jones" and reviewed all 90 results. I presume just expanding the proximity range to {15}"John Smith" "bill jones" will increase the number of results, and I don't want to review the results that fall in the range of the earlier search. Would ({15}"John Smith" "bill jones") AND -({10}"John Smith" "bill jones") accomplish this?
Re: Lower bound for proximity search [message #1359 is a reply to message #1358] Sun, 20 February 2022 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Sorry, this is not possible currently.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Lower bound for proximity search [message #1362 is a reply to message #1358] Sun, 20 February 2022 17:01 Go to previous message
Lrpom
Thank you for the prompt reply. I suggest this functionality be developed for a future update/version. Those of us who work with large data sets have to make an educated guess about how wide to make the proximity search parameter and being able to incrementally increase (or decrease) it without having to re-review large amounts of material would be very helpful.
Previous Topic: BUG: Search history is deleted when Foxtrot crashes
Next Topic: Safari History
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:27:49 GMT+2 2024