FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Please help me get my indexing started
Please help me get my indexing started [message #1368] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:11 Go to next message
gred22
I had not used foxtrot for a while, but paid to upgrade from 6 to 7 and installed on my new MacBook Pro. But I cannot get the indexing to start, even setting a schedule. I changed ISP's and have a new email, but cannot find a way to change that for foxtrot. I have sent two support requests, from the app, as requested, first on 2/24/22 and NO RESPONSE. Really?
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1369 is a reply to message #1368] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
If your issue is about your registration code that is not accepted, you should enter it along with your original email address. You may then specify the new email as contact email address in the registration dialog, when we ask for your full name etc.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1370 is a reply to message #1369] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gred22
No no no - I am registered fine. I want Foxtrot to know I have a new email, but my immediate problem is I simply cannot get it to begin indexing!
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1371 is a reply to message #1370] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gred22
Let me expand - I did as you suggested - last week, registered with my new email address. But, when I use the app to contact support, it still has the old email?????
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1372 is a reply to message #1370] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Could you describe more precisely what happens? Do you get some error messages?
Can you send us an automated report? To do this, press the command and option keys while launching FoxTrot; then check the "Force-quit agents, and send report" checkbox. Please include any additional info: error messages, screenshots etc.

Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1373 is a reply to message #1371] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
When you contact support, your email client (Mail.app, for example) uses your default email address; maybe you have to change this setting in Mail.app?

Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1374 is a reply to message #1373] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gred22
First, let me share - I had not used my MacBook Air or Foxtrot 6 for a couple years, so I’m assuming my problem is user error. I’ve moved back to a MacBook Pro.

Basically, I installed and think I successfully registered, but down at the bottom left it shows indexed items 0, and I cannot find a way to make it index.

No error messages

I initiated Foxtrot with cmd/opt pressed and checked force quit box.

I don’t think a screenshot is needed - bottom left shows “idle” and “indexed items 0”

Again, I appologize in advance if this is simple user error, but I don’t think so.
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1375 is a reply to message #1374] Mon, 28 February 2022 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello,

First, we looked in detail and have found no pending message from February 24th. Which email address did you send it to please ? We need to follow up on this in case we are not receiving messages. We are the first ones to recognize when we are late in answering, but here the situation is different.

One question: have you restarted your Mac at all (if not: do so) and have you made sure, under Manage Indices, that the index you are trying to build is indeed configured with folders or presets of data to be indexed ? The situation you describe is one where the latter is undefined, or the registration was not complete after demo period expiration.

Kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1376 is a reply to message #1375] Tue, 01 March 2022 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gred22
I don't have any idea what is going on. I did not get an email from the support request submitted today from foxtrot. Here is a screen capture of the email I got back from my 2/24 submission in foxtrot.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2022 02:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1377 is a reply to message #1376] Tue, 01 March 2022 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello again,

Thank you for you forwarding your original message. We have found that it was on our server-side SPAM folder.

This being said, we have replied twice with a request for further information:

]re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1375 is a reply to message #1374]

Mon, 28 February 2022 22:49:

Hello,

First, we looked in detail and have found no pending message from February 24th. Which email address did you send it to please ? We need to follow up on this in case we are not receiving messages. We are the first ones to recognize when we are late in answering, but here the situation is different.

One question: have you restarted your Mac at all (if not: do so) and have you made sure, under Manage Indices, that the index you are trying to build is indeed configured with folders or presets of data to be indexed ? The situation you describe is one where the latter is undefined, or the registration was not complete after demo period expiration.

Kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

and

Subject: Re: Please help me get my indexing started Author: FoxTrot Engineering Date: Mon, 28 February 2022 19:28

Could you describe more precisely what happens? Do you get some error messages?
Can you send us an automated report? To do this, press the command and option keys while launching FoxTrot; then check the "Force-quit agents, and send report" checkbox. Please include any additional info: error messages, screenshots etc.

Now that we have email contact, I suggest that we use that for follow-up instead of this forum. Thank you.

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1378 is a reply to message #1377] Wed, 02 March 2022 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gred22
I have sent two emails noting my problem and my current email address, as I changed ISP.

I have not received any emails from you, and I checked all folders including spam.

Mark
Re: Please help me get my indexing started [message #1379 is a reply to message #1378] Sun, 06 March 2022 00:03 Go to previous message
gred22
In our world today - we are constantly amazed, if we are aware. But this has been amazing. For a week I have sought help - directly to the company, here in the forum. I've been told - let's communicate via email. Yet, I never got an email - maybe it was overlooked I changed ISP's and have a new email - which I provided? Yes, Foxtrot is registered - it shows that in Foxtrot Pro/About.

Yes, I have not used Foxtrot for years, and yes my main computer is windows. But, really? I have to find some files. I am overdue sending my manuscript of my novel to the typesetter. A WEEK of this with no valid help.

MAYBE the problem was my mac needed full disk access enabled. Yet noone suggested checking that. I am so disgusted - this is one of 9 apps with issues that never should have been issues, in one week. One app has a problem with a driver, the most recent driver there is, for my docking station - computers are supposed to help us and make us more efficient, not present opportunities to enhance our patience. And that goes for the tech support of those apps.
Previous Topic: Do html files rely on Spotlight index?
Next Topic: DevonThink indexing not working?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:08:34 GMT+1 2024