FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » 'Grab' and move files in preview pane
'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1091] Tue, 25 August 2020 20:43 Go to next message
AJKS
It would be great if I could 'Grab' and move files in the preview pane, especially PDFs in my case.

I mean, to scroll up and down documents, also to move to the side when zoomed in.

If it is already there, I don't know how to do it!

Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2020 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1130 is a reply to message #1091] Tue, 05 January 2021 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJKS
I still think this would be a good idea!

Re: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1424 is a reply to message #1130] Fri, 29 April 2022 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJKS
Still thinking this would be a great idea!
Re: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1435 is a reply to message #1424] Tue, 10 May 2022 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atlas
Grabbing is a good idea for PDF's with large canvas sizes, or if you zoom into documents a lot. I don't think there's a way to "grab" with your mouse in Foxtrot today. However, one work around is to turn off "automatic resize", and then use arrow keys to view side-to-side.
Re: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1438 is a reply to message #1424] Tue, 10 May 2022 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Not sure to understand what you mean; if you want to scroll the previewed document, can't you use the two-finger (or whatever is defined in your system preferences) trackpad / magic mouse gesture, or mouse scroll wheel (with the shift key to scroll horizontally)?

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane [message #1464 is a reply to message #1438] Sun, 19 June 2022 01:29 Go to previous message
AJKS
What I had in mind is what works in Photoshop when you press spacebar and click and hold down the mouse button: you get to 'grab' the document and can move it around within its window, until you release the mouse button.

This can help when you want to scroll a document by half a page, or move it slightly left or right. I would find this useful because not all document are displayed in the preview pane at the same size—"Zoom to fit", "Actual Size", etc.

It helps when you have zoomed into a document preview, but need to see something that is only slightly outside the viewing area, and scrolling would take you too far.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Support for searching full path?
Next Topic: REQUEST: Add "Contain all of the strings"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:42:00 GMT+1 2024