FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Indexing JSON files
Indexing JSON files [message #1526] Thu, 20 October 2022 11:25 Go to next message
Atlas
I see a thread from August 2021, that Foxtrot doesn't index json files by default, and we were advised to use extended preference to index json files as xml. What's the current expected indexing behavior for json files? Is it supported by default yet, or do we still have to use extended preference?
Re: Indexing JSON files [message #1527 is a reply to message #1526] Fri, 21 October 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
This post is still true: json files are not indexed by content by default, as macOS is not bundled with a Spotlight importer that supports them. The workaround is either to install a third party Spotlight importer for json files, or to set the FoxTrot hidden preference to handle them as .txt or .xml, for example.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Indexing JSON files [message #1528 is a reply to message #1527] Fri, 21 October 2022 22:29 Go to previous message
Atlas
Thanks. I think I see where the problem is. I mistakenly thought that maybe Foxtrot support indexing JSON, but it was actually a Spotlight importer that was doing the indexing. When my JSON file stopped getting indexed in Foxtrot, I thought maybe Foxtrot was having a bug, but my spotlight importer got removed.
Previous Topic: "Getting started" guide for FoxTrot Pro peer-to-peer indexes?
Next Topic: What is keyboard shortcut to copy a query?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:58:36 GMT+1 2024