FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » What is keyboard shortcut to copy a query?
What is keyboard shortcut to copy a query? [message #1531] Sun, 23 October 2022 08:28 Go to next message
Atlas
A few nights go, I was doing research using Foxtrot, and I hit some combination of keys involving the Enter key that somehow allowed me to duplicate my current query in a new tab, effectively allowing me to create a copy of my query. A lot of times, I want to create different variations of the current query, and way I usually have to do it is by creating bookmark, then open bookmark window, the select the bookmarked query and run it. A keyboard shortcut to copy the current query in a new tab would be really useful.

Does Foxtrot have such a keyboard shortcut?? Thanks.
Re: What is keyboard shortcut to copy a query? [message #1532 is a reply to message #1531] Mon, 24 October 2022 12:20 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
command-enter, command-return, or command-click on the search button runs the current query in a new tab.
You can also use the contextual menu "load search template" from the history window (or from a saved template) to open a new tab with this query without running it immediately, so you can modify it before searching.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: Indexing JSON files
Next Topic: Lost Indexes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:49:16 GMT+2 2024