FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » about ownership or usage count of 5-user version (if I buy new laptop of re-install system)
about ownership or usage count of 5-user version [message #1577] Thu, 24 November 2022 02:05 Go to next message
Aquila
Hello.

I would like to prefer Foxtrot professional search 5 users version and share it with other 4 users.

but I have one question.

If I buy new laptop or re-install system or re-install the app, could I still enter same registration code?

In new machine, could the registration code still be valid?

just afraid of losig ownership
Re: about ownership or usage count of 5-user version [message #1578 is a reply to message #1577] Fri, 25 November 2022 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Multiple-user licenses are meant for multiple users within the same company, academic institution or household, and on the same network. Unfortunately, the code may not be valid in the context you describe.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: about ownership or usage count of 5-user version [message #1581 is a reply to message #1578] Sat, 26 November 2022 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aquila
could I transfer the liscense to the new laptop?

or is there any way where I could keep my liscence within the new laptop?

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2022 11:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: about ownership or usage count of 5-user version [message #1582 is a reply to message #1581] Sat, 26 November 2022 18:22 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
You can of course use your license on a new computer, as long as it is no longer used on the previous one; single-user and multi-user licenses can get invalidated when used on too many different machines. Also, keep in mind that a license is tied to an email address, and any issue with the license will require validation through this email address.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: FoxTrot Search products version 7.5.2b3 available for testing
Next Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search products version 7.5.3b4 available for testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:13:53 GMT+1 2024