FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » FEATURE REQUEST: Please preserve tabs when Foxtrot restart
FEATURE REQUEST: Please preserve tabs when Foxtrot restart [message #1610] Wed, 18 January 2023 00:32 Go to next message
Atlas
I'm aware that Foxtrot have "saved search" and "search history", but this is not the same as having Foxtrot automatically saving the search tabs and restoring them upon restart. That's because a single search session could span across multiple days and the position of the search tabs matter. We can't preserve the position of lots of tabs without constantly saving them manually. The feature of restarting with previous tabs restored is a common feature in most Mac apps, and I'm hoping Foxtrot can do something similar.

I'm asking for this again, because sometimes Foxtrot does crash unexpectedly, and then it takes a long time to recreate my workspace.
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Please preserve tabs when Foxtrot restart [message #1615 is a reply to message #1610] Mon, 06 February 2023 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJKS
This makes sense. I use another program which allows me to save my windows and tabs as a 'workspace.'
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Please preserve tabs when Foxtrot restart [message #1621 is a reply to message #1615] Wed, 15 February 2023 20:20 Go to previous message
Atlas
Here's another scenario where loading from a saved workspace (restoring previous tabs) is useful: I often open large files with Foxtrot and it open these files just fine, but Foxtrot continue to consume large amounts of RAM even after I close these documents. The only way to release the RAM so that I can have enough head room to run other applications is by quiting Foxtrot. This is not unreasonable, but the problem is I have to manually save all my tabs before quiting, or else I cannot resume work where I left off. Preserving the tabs and allowing users to resume work where they left off is very useful quality of life improvement, even when Foxtrot is not crashing.
Previous Topic: Performance gains using new apple hardware - experiences?
Next Topic: Search within results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:45:10 GMT+1 2024