FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » FoxTrot Professional Search License
FoxTrot Professional Search License [message #1660] Fri, 26 May 2023 22:37 Go to next message
GCobarr
I am very interested in purchasing FoxTrot Professional Search, I am researcher with very large archives and I've had it with the numerous issues while using Apple's Spotlight.

I contacted pre-sales with, what I thought I was a confirmation question, but received a confusing response.

Question: Can a single user license be installed on both my Mac Pro desktop and my Macbook Pro laptop?

Quote:
"hello,

Not really, in the sense that they can only be used on a single machine at any given time. That includes usage for background updates. If you manage to avoid simultaneous usage altogether you can try.

Regards,"

Is this really the case? If not, sadly, that would rule out my purchase.

I've never heard of a single user license that did not include an installation for your personal laptop and desktop machines.

I am not particularly interested in experimenting, I'd like to know for sure.

Thank you.
Re: FoxTrot Professional Search License [message #1661 is a reply to message #1660] Fri, 26 May 2023 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello,

I'm the person who responded to the private e-mail you are publicly quoting. To clarify, our license are per station, not per user.

What I meant was that if you only use the software on a given computer at any given time you would be in compliance.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: FoxTrot Professional Search License [message #1662 is a reply to message #1661] Sun, 11 June 2023 17:56 Go to previous message
Atlas
Wait, WHAT? I have Foxtrot Professional, and I've been using it on my Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. Am I NOT supposed to do that?? I'm with the original poster on this one, and I'm confused as well.

What's considered as "use the software on a given computer at a given time"? I have indexes that are running simultaneously on both machines, and switch back and forth frequently when running my searches. In fact, some searches take long enough (6 - 7 seconds) that I end up running searches simultaneously frequently. Am I not supposed to do that???
Previous Topic: REQUEST: Please index the name of Mac alias and display them in search results
Next Topic: How to sort results by date created?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:24:14 GMT+2 2024