FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free?
Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free? [message #1709] Tue, 03 October 2023 03:13 Go to next message
toru777
I purchased "FoxTrot Professional Search, version 7, 5-user" on February 7th this year. Could I upgrade to FoxTrot 8 for free?
Re: Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free? [message #1715 is a reply to message #1709] Fri, 20 October 2023 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJKS
My best guess is No.

From other software I have used, there may be a period of about three months in which you could get a free upgrade, but 8 months is too long a period for me (but I don't speak for CTM Development).

In the past upgrades have been strongly discounted to people who purchased the previous version, I think 50%, but the Devs will confirm at the time.

Version 8 is not released yet, and we will all have to wait and see.

I will say, WAIT for the email with the upgrade code, it may not come on the day of release so don't buy the upgrade until you have the code.

Again, I don't speak for the Devs.

That's all.

Re: Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free? [message #1719 is a reply to message #1709] Fri, 20 October 2023 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
If you purchased FoxTrot after April 1, 2023, you can upgrade to version 8 for free. If you purchased before this date, you are eligible for a discount.
Please use our upgrade page to check what you are eligible for.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free? [message #1723 is a reply to message #1719] Sat, 21 October 2023 02:29 Go to previous message
toru777
Foxtrox Search 7 does not seem to have plans to support macOS 14. If I purchase the upgrade, does that mean the old activation code will become invalid?
Previous Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search Professional Search version 8.0b1 available for testing
Next Topic: REQUEST: Search for pdf files with annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 03:12:41 GMT+2 2024