FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » REQUEST: Search for pdf files with annotations
REQUEST: Search for pdf files with annotations [message #1724] Mon, 23 October 2023 08:52
Atlas
This feature request is not about searching for the text content within annotations, but just to identify and filter for pdf files with at least one annotation or highlight. This would be very useful when doing research, because I'm sure a lot of people have this workflow: (1) They read or skim through something, and make comments or highlights when they see something noteworthy (2) Then they want to summarize they key learnings and highlights.

Currently, we have to to either rename the files, or update their metadata such as comment or tags, in order to mark the pdf file as containing annotation. We can't always rename or update the metadata, and it's often difficult to locate pdf files with annotations..

If there's already a way to do this within Foxtrot, please let me know (I currently have to do this within Devonthink). Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 October 2023 08:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Could I upgrade FoxTrot for free?
Next Topic: Error on right click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 03:13:30 GMT+2 2024