FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » ePub indexing (Request to FT)
ePub indexing [message #1740] Thu, 30 November 2023 22:22 Go to next message
Gudmal
Hi
i am a happy user of FT, but I find quite uncomfortable the situation after the last upgrade.
I paid an upgrade from FT 7 to 8 jus to find out that the pub indexing is getting worse (now, I can retrieve the information that there is one or more occurrences but nothing else).
My database is mainly on pub, this is for me a huge problem. Any suggestion (I already installed the pub importer plugin and the quicklook one).
Re: ePub indexing [message #1741 is a reply to message #1740] Fri, 01 December 2023 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
This should not have changed since version 7; however, if you are upgrading from version 6, you can now toggle between different display types for each file type from the toolbar. Be sure to try "plain text".
Also read our FAQ, which lists some EPUB Spotlight importers and Quick Look plugins that may benefit to FoxTrot (this list may not be up to date).

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering

[Updated on: Fri, 01 December 2023 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ePub indexing [message #1742 is a reply to message #1740] Sat, 02 December 2023 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gudmal
hallo thank you for your answer.
you are right,i had actually version 6.65
If i toggle to text, now it seems working fine, thank you.
I See however, that Foxtrot reports 34 files in the test folder where I actually stored only 4 files.
Any idea why this is happening?

Best regards

Guido
Re: ePub indexing [message #1743 is a reply to message #1740] Tue, 05 December 2023 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello,

Without knowing what your folder contains and whether the index is up to date, it is a bit difficult to answer. Make sure the index is indeed updated, and that there are no invisible files, or than none of the documents you have is actually a package (such as an .rtfd file, a Pages file and so on).

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: ePub indexing [message #1746 is a reply to message #1740] Mon, 11 December 2023 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJKS
On MacOS 14 Sonoma the epub and quicklook plugins/importers no longer work.

Just pointing this out—not a Foxtrot 'fault"

Re: ePub indexing [message #1756 is a reply to message #1746] Wed, 17 January 2024 00:58 Go to previous message
Grant Barrett
I don't know if this was fixed in an OS update after your comment, but the ePub QuickLook functions work on my installation of macOS 14.2.1. I use this one: https://github.com/jaketmp/ePub-quicklook
Previous Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: Integrate ChatGPT to get a boost
Next Topic: Results not showing from "all" index that show in subset indexes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:23:40 GMT+2 2024