FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Finding out where all the files are coming from
Finding out where all the files are coming from [message #1763] Wed, 24 January 2024 06:25 Go to next message
Terje
Hi,

I'm indexing some folders and Foxtrot is telling me it is indexing 75000 files. I need to know what folder(s) is making this number so large as it makes no sense to me. Is there a way to do that?
Re: Finding out where all the files are coming from [message #1764 is a reply to message #1763] Wed, 24 January 2024 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atlas
Here's my simplistic answer that others can improve upon.  I think you're looking to see all indexed files, right?  Try the following search:

1.  Add "Then apply advanced filter" --> Choose "Full Path" --> Contains any of the string --> Type the name of the parent folder that you're indexing
2. Add "All Items of Type"  --> Choose "Any file or folder"
3. Hit Search

This basically lets you browse all files and folder that has the name of the parent folder in their full path.  Foxtrot allows you to view search results grouped by locations, in the left panel -- I think it's called "by Location".  There, you can see a count of your search results grouped by folders.  Maybe there's a better way, but that's how I would quickly do it.
Re: Finding out where all the files are coming from [message #1766 is a reply to message #1763] Wed, 24 January 2024 21:30 Go to previous message
AJKS
That would be the total number of files in all the folders, including nested folders.
Previous Topic: FTP 8 icon
Next Topic: Can't connect to the index "{index-name}" Protocol error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:49:13 GMT+2 2024