FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time? (iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time?)
iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time? [message #1762] Tue, 23 January 2024 22:37 Go to next message
Dwight
I'm new to Foxtrot Search and pretty happy with it thus far.

I have several pools of files each with their own index. On macOS, I can select multiple indexes and search across all of them at the same time which is very helpful.

How do I do this on iOS using FT Attache? It looks like I can only select one index at a time.

-- Dwight McKay
Re: iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time? [message #1769 is a reply to message #1762] Tue, 06 February 2024 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello,

Contrary to FoxTrot Professional, FoxTrot Attaché only searches one index at a time.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time? [message #1770 is a reply to message #1769] Wed, 07 February 2024 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dwight
Okay. How can I request that searching multiple indexes be added to FoxTrot Attache?

-- Dwight McKay
Re: iOS How do I search multiple indexes at the same time? [message #1771 is a reply to message #1770] Wed, 07 February 2024 18:22 Go to previous message
CTM info
Hello,

You can request it (you did) but we cannot do it for structural reasons in the architecture of Attaché.

There could be a work-around: create a separate bigger index containing the directories from your multiple indices, then categorize results by the sub-directories. I know this is not perfect but it's the best we've got.

jean michel/ctm qa
Previous Topic: Can't connect to the index "{index-name}" Protocol error
Next Topic: Html indexing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:11:10 GMT+2 2024