FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Can I search OneDrive (I want to search folders that are not linked to my computer. )
icon5.gif  Can I search OneDrive [message #1786] Tue, 12 March 2024 07:57 Go to next message
APenNameAndThatA
Hi. I use OneDrive and a 2019 MacBook Pro. I have disconnected some of my OneDrive folders from by computer because one drive left the file on my computer even if I ticked the option to save space. Can I use Fox Trot Pro to search OneDrive? Thanks!
Re: Can I search OneDrive [message #1787 is a reply to message #1786] Tue, 12 March 2024 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Hello,

We do not know OneDrive specifically, but in order for data to be indexable by FoxTrot Search, it needs to be locally available hence downloaded.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: Can I search OneDrive [message #1788 is a reply to message #1787] Wed, 13 March 2024 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
APenNameAndThatA
Thank you for your reply! I don't get it, though. OneDrive is Microsoft's consumer-level cloud backup. You need to use it so that the autosave feature of Microsoft Word works. Are you suggesting that people who use FoxTrot Search would not want to search OneDrive? When I try to link to onedrive.live.com, FoxTrot pauses for several seconds and then says that it is not available.
Re: Can I search OneDrive [message #1789 is a reply to message #1787] Wed, 13 March 2024 12:09 Go to previous message
CTM info
Hello again,

So I took a look at OneDrive per your request and apparently at the minimum you would need to have your OneDrive documents downloaded to your local disk, as if you were about to go off-line and wanted the documents with you, in order to index them.

Kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Previous Topic: User interface suggestions (or questions)
Next Topic: Unexpected behavior when combining "Ignore Case" and "Ignore Composition"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:15:53 GMT+2 2024