FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » search within DEVONthink database
search within DEVONthink database [message #210] Sun, 03 August 2014 18:19 Go to next message
alain content
Hi,

I recently bought FT pro, and I notice that it does not find contents that
are in DEVONthink databases - whereas spotlight does. Is that a bug ?

Thanks
Re: search within DEVONthink database [message #215 is a reply to message #210] Mon, 11 August 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voelspriet
Have the same problem!

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:19:13 PM UTC+2, alain content wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought FT pro, and I notice that it does not find contents
> that are in DEVONthink databases - whereas spotlight does. Is that a bug ?
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
Re: search within DEVONthink database [message #216 is a reply to message #215] Mon, 11 August 2014 18:35 Go to previous message
Steven Miller
It because DT puts everything in a package files and the files are in a folder called “Files.noindex.” You need to rename that folder “Files” and then create a symlink pointing to it.

On Aug 11, 2014, at 2:06 PM, voelspriet«~at~»gmail«|dot|»com wrote:

> Have the same problem!
>
> On Sunday, August 3, 2014 6:19:13 PM UTC+2, alain content wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought FT pro, and I notice that it does not find contents that are in DEVONthink databases - whereas spotlight does. Is that a bug ?
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foxtrot-search" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foxtrot-search+unsubscribe«~at~»googlegroups«|dot|»com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Previous Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search 5.0.1b1 available for testing
Next Topic: 5.0 build 1267 - bug > excerpt and sometimes other fields not filling in after search
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:04:29 GMT+1 2024