FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Foxtrot Server Mac Permissions Errors
Foxtrot Server Mac Permissions Errors [message #303] Mon, 15 June 2015 18:09 Go to next message
Dan Cooper
Messages: 10
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
Hi all

I have the latest Foxtrot Server (Mac) with a 10 client licence.

The Server Software is sat on a Mac Mini running 10.10.3 and connected to
Synology 30TB NAS

Indexing is fine all be it a little time consuming and the final index is
4.1GB

The problem is.....

Some Macs on the network are seeing it fine but then it kicks them off
saying 'Disconnected' when the connection is fine.

Then when reconnecting I get 'Failed' or 'File Permissions Error' of Error
900, 1000 or 1100 plus others

Then it seems only closing the index on client machine and repointing a
'new' index to the Main Index file on the Mac Mini.

This only works though after a full reindex of the NAS

When it works it works really well


BUT

Some Macs cannot connect to the Main Index file at all, no error code -
just file permission error

All the macs have full read/write access to the Mac Mini


Help greatly appreciated - this is driving me potty!


Thanks in Advance

Dan
Re: Foxtrot Server Mac Permissions Errors [message #308 is a reply to message #303] Wed, 24 June 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Cooper
Messages: 10
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE **

Issues now resolved - Turn Off File Sharing Integration

permissions issues gone


On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 5:09:11 PM UTC+1, Dan Cooper wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have the latest Foxtrot Server (Mac) with a 10 client licence.
>
> The Server Software is sat on a Mac Mini running 10.10.3 and connected to
> Synology 30TB NAS
>
> Indexing is fine all be it a little time consuming and the final index is
> 4.1GB
>
> The problem is.....
>
> Some Macs on the network are seeing it fine but then it kicks them off
> saying 'Disconnected' when the connection is fine.
>
> Then when reconnecting I get 'Failed' or 'File Permissions Error' of Error
> 900, 1000 or 1100 plus others
>
> Then it seems only closing the index on client machine and repointing a
> 'new' index to the Main Index file on the Mac Mini.
>
> This only works though after a full reindex of the NAS
>
> When it works it works really well
>
>
> BUT
>
> Some Macs cannot connect to the Main Index file at all, no error code -
> just file permission error
>
> All the macs have full read/write access to the Mac Mini
>
>
> Help greatly appreciated - this is driving me potty!
>
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Dan
>
>
>
Re: Foxtrot Server Mac Permissions Errors [message #309 is a reply to message #308] Wed, 24 June 2015 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM Development
Messages: 57
Registered: April 2014
Member
Sir,

Most confusing - are you still accessing the documents correctly from the client station ?

Thanks,

jean michel


> On Jun 24, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Dan Cooper wrote:
>
> UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE **
>
> Issues now resolved - Turn Off File Sharing Integration
>
> permissions issues gone
>
Re: Foxtrot Server Mac Permissions Errors [message #310 is a reply to message #309] Wed, 24 June 2015 11:51 Go to previous message
Dan Cooper
Messages: 10
Registered: June 2015
Junior Member
Yes working on all client machines fine

When turned on - permissions issues


Dan Cooper – Graphic Designer

The Partnership – Creative Communications

T: 01902 356285 | F: 01902 356288 | E: dan«|dot|»cooper«~at~»thepartnership«|dot|»cc

Gravel Hill House, Gravel Hill, Wombourne, South Staffordshire WV5 9HA

thepartnership.cc



Twitter | Linkedin



BE GREEN SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This e-mail (and any attachments) is intended for the personal attention of the addressee(s) and is, therefore, confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately at the address shown above, delete immediately from your computer and do not copy or use it or disclose its contents.

> On 24 Jun 2015, at 10:49, CTM Development wrote:
>
> Sir,
>
> Most confusing - are you still accessing the documents correctly from the client station ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jean michel
>
>
>> On Jun 24, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Dan Cooper <dan«|dot|»cooper«~at~»thepartnership«|dot|»cc > wrote:
>>
>> UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** ** UPDATE **
>>
>> Issues now resolved - Turn Off File Sharing Integration
>>
>> permissions issues gone
>>
>
>
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foxtrot-search" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foxtrot-search+unsubscribe«~at~»googlegroups«|dot|»com .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout .

--

---
Previous Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search products 5.5b5 available for testing
Next Topic: Error while indexing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Feb 05 22:29:27 CET 2023