FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » I would like to understand better how to allow multiple users to use Foxtrot
I would like to understand better how to allow multiple users to use Foxtrot [message #385] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:47 Go to next message
ctod
Please tell me more about the limited Windows Server.

Most of our users would be OK with only viewing PDFs.

We would want our pre-press staff to have the full version on the Mac side.

I would like to be able to have one person prepare the Indices and have my
other users search from these indices. What is the best way to do this?

We are preparing to purchase FoxTrot and are trying to best understand how
to deploy it.
Re: I would like to understand better how to allow multiple users to use Foxtrot [message #386 is a reply to message #385] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:59 Go to previous message
CTM Development
Sir,

The Windows server limitations are that indexes a fewer number of file types, limited to PDF, .doc, .txt (UTF8), it has no Windows client or admin, both search and administration need to be performed from a Mac. It comes unsupported along with FoxTrot Server licences.

What we would recommend for your scenario below is that you designate a Mac on your network to index your SAN and your client Macs would connect both to the SAN for accessing the files and to the FoxTrot Server running on the Mac for performing searches. The only thing to pay attention to is creating an index at the same mount point, path and acccess privileges that your clients would access. And the admin can be run on any Mac, not necessarily on the Server Mac at all.

Thank you for your interest in FoxTrot Search, we look forward to having you on-board. To expedite your license processing, please contact us directly at ctm-info«~at~»ctmdev«|dot|»com .

Best regards,

Chantal Favre/CTM

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 2:47 PM, ctod«~at~»polycello«|dot|»com wrote:
>
> Please tell me more about the limited Windows Server.
>
> Most of our users would be OK with only viewing PDFs.
>
> We would want our pre-press staff to have the full version on the Mac side.
>
> I would like to be able to have one person prepare the Indices and have my
> other users search from these indices. What is the best way to do this?
>
> We are preparing to purchase FoxTrot and are trying to best understand how
> to deploy it.
>
>
Previous Topic: Overprint Preview
Next Topic: In the Preview panel, can there be three lines assigned to the file name?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:52:23 GMT+2 2024