FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Files in DEVONthink v3-generated Spotlight index
Files in DEVONthink v3-generated Spotlight index [message #904] Wed, 16 October 2019 12:49 Go to next message
Edvard Munch
I have several DEVONthink v3 databases that have Spotlight indexes.
(Create Spotlight indexes using DEVONthink's database preferences.) I
can search for contents in Finder and the documents are located. FoxTrot
is not finding the documents though. Is there someway to configure
FoxTrot to look at Spotlight indices created by specific apps
like DEVONthink 3?
Re: Files in DEVONthink v3-generated Spotlight index [message #910 is a reply to message #904] Wed, 23 October 2019 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
It seems DEVONthink 3 stores its Spotlight cache in the folder "{home
folder}/Library/Metadata/com.devon-technologies.think3". Adding this folder
to the indexed locations should let FoxTrot find your DEVONthink files. As
the Library folder from you home folder is invisible, type command-shift-G
in the folder selection dialog, and type ~/Library to reveal it.
You can also select the predefined location "Library", but this may index
other files as well.

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 12:49:34 PM UTC+2, Edvard Munch wrote:
>
> I have several DEVONthink v3 databases that have Spotlight indexes.
> (Create Spotlight indexes using DEVONthink's database preferences.) I
> can search for contents in Finder and the documents are located. FoxTrot
> is not finding the documents though. Is there someway to configure
> FoxTrot to look at Spotlight indices created by specific apps
> like DEVONthink 3?
>

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Files in DEVONthink v3-generated Spotlight index [message #912 is a reply to message #910] Wed, 23 October 2019 17:31 Go to previous message
Steven Miller
"It seems DEVONthink 3 stores its Spotlight cache in the folder…”

This is probably not what he wants since since I find a FT index of the Spotlight cache to be pretty useless. Instead, I would index the file.noindex folder inside the Package contents for each relevant DT database. That way you get the actually files and not a mess of cache contents.

On Oct 23, 2019, 4:29 PM +0200, CTM Engineering , wrote:
> It seems DEVONthink 3 stores its Spotlight cache in the folder "{home folder}/Library/Metadata/com.devon-technologies.think3". Adding this folder to the indexed locations should let FoxTrot find your DEVONthink files. As the Library folder from you home folder is invisible, type command-shift-G in the folder selection dialog, and type ~/Library to reveal it.
> You can also select the predefined location "Library", but this may index other files as well.
>
> On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 12:49:34 PM UTC+2, Edvard Munch wrote:
>> I have several DEVONthink v3 databases that have Spotlight indexes.  (Create Spotlight indexes using DEVONthink's database preferences.)   I can search for contents in Finder and the documents are located.  FoxTrot is not finding the documents though.   Is there someway to configure FoxTrot to look at Spotlight indices created by specific apps like DEVONthink 3?
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "foxtrot-search" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to foxtrot-search+unsubscribe«~at~»googlegroups«|dot|»com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/foxtrot-search/4489a18b-58 de-42b6-b988-91fb92fb2f03%40googlegroups.com.

--

---
Previous Topic: We find ONLY complete Words!
Next Topic: Searching for email attachments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:42:54 GMT+1 2024