FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Ragtime documents in FoxTrot
Ragtime documents in FoxTrot [message #987] Tue, 28 January 2020 18:12
jonathanalix via foxt
Hello,

Big investigation day over here on your bug ! We have a hypothesis, which is that the Ragtime Quicklook plugin generates a document thumbnail but not a preview. What tells us this is that your popover view of the sample document appears in low resolution. This would be caused by Ragtime, perhaps you can ask them to verify this. The reason we show a better rendering when you take your USB key out is that when we do not have the source document accessible, we revert to showing the text excerpt which comes from the index.

Look forward to hearing back from you. Wow, Ragtime, it’s been a while; we are old Mac heads here and go all the way back to Aldus Pagemaker…

Cheers,

jean michel/ctm qa

> On Jan 27, 2020, at 14:07, Ole Saalmann wrote:
>
> here you go
>
>
> __
>
> DR. RIBBERT SAALMANN DEHMEL ARCHITEKTEN BDA
>
> Uhlichstraße 2, 39108 Magdeburg
> Telefon 0391-7370-30 / -315
> www.rsd-architekten.de
>
>> Am 27.01.2020 um 14:04 schrieb CTM Development <ctmdev«~at~»mac«|dot|»com >:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can you please select “indextest.rtd” in the Finder, then hit the space bar and show us the Quicklook preview in a screen shot (no film necessary) please ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> jean michel/ctm qa
>>
>>> On Jan 27, 2020, at 13:59, Ole Saalmann <sandvox_mailer«~at~»karelia«|dot|»com > wrote:
>>>
>>> Product: FoxTrot Professional Search
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am currently evaluation FoxTrot Pro and have run into the following problem:
>>>
>>> - text exerpts from RagTime files are only shown when the indexed volume is not mounted.
>>> - I did a quick screenrecording showing my problem
>>>
>>> http://rsdarchitekten.de/rsd-download/foxtrot-ragtime-sdfdsf 34532.mov
>>>
>>> It would be great if you could tell me if there is a way to always show the text excerpts (as there is no real preview available)
>>>
>>> Yours,
>>> Ole Saalmann
>>
>>
>

--

---
Previous Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Pro 7.0b5 available for private testing
Next Topic: [Beta]Templates and "Search as you type"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:12:47 GMT+1 2024