FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » DevonThink indexing not working?
DevonThink indexing not working? [message #1385] Wed, 30 March 2022 01:55 Go to next message
Steven Miller
In the latest version, I noticed an option for indexing "DevonThink 3 storage data" which I assumed would index any DT3 package files it found. However, when I rebuilt the index with this selected, no such files were indexed. The note says "this indexes DevonThinks's internal storage" but no clue what this is. The tooltip refers to the DT3 application support folder which would be pretty useless. So how is this supposed to work? It would be great if I didn't have to individually specify each files.noindex file.

I do see it seems to index dt3 files inside the application support folder (ie the inbox files) so does that mean I would have to store all by databases in that folder to get this to work. That would be strange IMO.

U have learned that a colleague has successfully indexed his DT3 files and outside of the application support folder but for some reason he has an option to check "Devonthink Pro 2 storage" which I don't have.
  • Attachment: devon.png
    (Size: 29.97KB, Downloaded 107 times)
  • Attachment: devon 2.png
    (Size: 25.74KB, Downloaded 117 times)
  • Attachment: devon3.png
    (Size: 121.14KB, Downloaded 121 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2022 10:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DevonThink indexing not working? [message #1390 is a reply to message #1385] Fri, 01 April 2022 09:32 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
DEVONthink 3 creates (or used to create) its database, by default, in the "{home)/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3" folder; if FoxTrot finds this folder, then it shows DVENONthink 3 in its list of predefined locations.
If however you saved your DT database(s) elsewhere, then FoxTrot has no easy way to find it automatically. You should open your .dtBase2 package (use the contextual menu in the Finder) and drop the "Files.noindex" folder to FoxTrot's custom folders list. This internal storage folder is normally ignored by Spotlight and FoxTrot (as requested by its filename extension), but FoxTrot will index it if you explicitly add it to the indexed locations.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: Please help me get my indexing started
Next Topic: BUG: Foxtrot seems to crash when switching between quicklook window and Foxtrot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:04:35 GMT+1 2024