FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Set viewer default size?
Set viewer default size? [message #1387] Thu, 31 March 2022 09:30 Go to next message
Steven Miller
Is there a way to set the viewer so that it defaults to "automatically resize" so I don't have to do that every time?
Re: Set viewer default size? [message #1388 is a reply to message #1387] Fri, 01 April 2022 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
It should keep the previous setting. If you set it to "automatically resize" and don't zoom, then subsequent documents should be automatically resized.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Set viewer default size? [message #1503 is a reply to message #1388] Thu, 04 August 2022 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jero
And how can I find the "previous setting" to set it? Or rather, is there a step-by-step guide for this setting? Somehow it doesn't work for me and I don't know why?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2022 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Set viewer default size? [message #1504 is a reply to message #1503] Fri, 05 August 2022 13:27 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
"Automatically resize", from the View menu, applies to PDF documents (in the preview pane, or in FoxTrot Pro's document window). Enabling this should be persistent, both when you resize the window, and when you display another PDF file with a different page width or orientation.

"Zoom to fit" is a bit different: it scales the current document to fit the current window size, then this zoom factor becomes persistent; if you resize the window or display another document, the zoom factor will not change, and the document will no longer fit the window.

Note that the toolbar button is incorrectly labelled "zoom to fit", although it actually automatically resizes.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: Can we combine exclusion with proximity search?
Next Topic: Legacy index format - requires rebuild
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:21:52 GMT+1 2024