FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Not Seeing FoxTrot in Services context menu
Not Seeing FoxTrot in Services context menu [message #1425] Fri, 29 April 2022 23:05 Go to next message
foosball
Hi,
I'm evaluating FoxTrot. My flow is typically right clicking on a folder in Finder --> Services menu item and selecting the tool to search within the folder. This works for FAF, Houdah Search and pretty much every other search tool. However I'm not seeing Search in FoxTrot show up.

When I go to Keyboard Services I see FoxTrot in a "Search" section and not in the Files and Folders section when where the other search tools appear.

Not having the option to launch FoxTrot with the selected folder as the base folder to search within is a bit of a non starter for me.

Hoping there's a way to enable this with FoxTrot.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sanjiv
Re: Not Seeing FoxTrot in Services context menu [message #1426 is a reply to message #1425] Sat, 30 April 2022 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
The "search in folder with FoxTrot" service will be added to version 7.5. This will of course require that the content of this folder has been previously indexed by FoxTrot.
Dragging a folder to FoxTrot's icon in the Dock will also let you search in this folder (or update this folder only, you will have to choose)

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Not Seeing FoxTrot in Services context menu [message #1427 is a reply to message #1426] Sat, 30 April 2022 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
foosball
Great. I’m on the beta so looking forward to this feature. It would also be useful to drag a folder to the FoxTrot window itself rather than dock.

Is there an ability to fresh the specific folder rather than the entire index upon searching?

When I make a change to a file and later in the day want to search for it I can’t find it because the index refresh is scheduled once a day at 3am. This is not ideal. I’d like to have sub folders refresh quickly on demand rather than the full root folder index.
Re: Not Seeing FoxTrot in Services context menu [message #1428 is a reply to message #1427] Sat, 30 April 2022 18:22 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
You can update a specific subfolder from the menu "indexing / update folder in running indices"; or as I said in version 7.5b3 by drag and drop from the Finder to the Dock icon.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search 7.5b1 available for public testing
Next Topic: Apple Mail results not in query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:44:25 GMT+1 2024