FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » REQUEST: Add "Contain all of the strings"
REQUEST: Add "Contain all of the strings" [message #1461] Sat, 18 June 2022 12:05 Go to next message
Atlas
I filter by full path frequently, and "Contains any of the string" is very useful. However, sometimes I also want to match all of the strings I'm listing. I know I can do it by using regular expression, but it's pretty cumbersome to write regex. Can we add the option for "Contain all of the strings"? Or perhaps there's a way to do what I'm describing already?

Thanks
Re: REQUEST: Add "Contain all of the strings" [message #1462 is a reply to message #1461] Sat, 18 June 2022 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
You can add multiple [then apply advanced filter] criteria.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: REQUEST: Add "Contain all of the strings" [message #1465 is a reply to message #1462] Mon, 20 June 2022 01:07 Go to previous message
Atlas
Thanks. I've been adding multiple "then apply advanced filter" as a workaround, but the biggest limitation of this method is that it would conflict with my other conditions if I want to combine all my conditions together in an OR and not AND, ie, if I'm not using "All Criteria (AND)". Admittedly, this feature request is not a deal breaker, because your suggestion would work fine if I'm using "All Criteria (AND)", and if it fails in that situation then I could always resort to regex. But I think it would be much more elegant to include "Contains all of the strings" as an option. Thanks for your consideration.
Previous Topic: 'Grab' and move files in preview pane
Next Topic: Foxtrot query will not run with negation conditions, even if other conditions are applied
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:30:54 GMT+1 2024