FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Index msg-Files
Index msg-Files [message #1518] Fri, 07 October 2022 08:42 Go to next message
Lou
Hi all,

is there a way to teach FoxTrot to index, search and display msg files? I unfortunately have to regularly search through larger amounts of msg files from Outlook for Windows that are in the file system.

Thanks,
Lou
Re: Index msg-Files [message #1551 is a reply to message #1518] Tue, 01 November 2022 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FoxTrot Engineering
Klammer has been reported to have a Spotlight importer and a Quick Look plugin for Outlook for Windows .msg files. We have not tested it, but this should probably work with FoxTrot

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Re: Index msg-Files [message #1568 is a reply to message #1551] Fri, 11 November 2022 09:49 Go to previous message
Lou
Thanks for the tip, took a look at it. I have a somewhat ambivalent impression. The conversion is similar to other converters - more or less cumbersome, but it works fine as far as I have tested it. For Spotlight integration, you have to go to a link in the help - but it doesn't work. If one calls the developer's homepage from the app, the page cannot be called. I'm afraid this product is not actively maintained.

I have tried a number of other products (MailRaider Pro, Emailchemy, MSG converter from E-Mail Doctor). All tools convert correctly, can also do bulk conversion. But none makes msg files searchable. And none can convert msg files automatically, e.g. by a background process. It's all not so great. Maybe FoxTrot will integrate msg indexing with the next version. I would buy it immediately Wink.
Previous Topic: Notion App
Next Topic: Search for tags in FoxTrot does not match DevonThink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:06:54 GMT+1 2024