FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Preview shows only plain text for pdf
Preview shows only plain text for pdf [message #1541] Mon, 31 October 2022 00:39 Go to next message
Itkind
Hi, something is wrong with the preview of pdf files. Doesn't matter what I change it always jumps to plain text.
Re: Preview shows only plain text for pdf [message #1542 is a reply to message #1541] Mon, 31 October 2022 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atlas
I'm not sure what you mean by "always jump to plain text", but here are a couple things that could be happening:

1. The file might have been moved or renamed, and you haven't update the index. When this happens, Foxtrot will default to showing the indexed text of the file, and not the file itself.
2. Did you use the drop down menu in the Toolbar to select "Plain Text (Current Version)" or "Plain Text (Last Indexed Version)"? If you pick one of these, there will be popup warning that the choice you make is persistent for all files with the same pdf extension. You can choose to not make it persistent by selecting "Just this once" (or something like that). Unfortunately ... there's also a button that says "Don't ask this again", so if you checked that off before then you wouldn't be aware that you're making a selection that could be persistent. Personally, I think there should be an option in the MENU BAR or PREFERENCE SETTING for users to select the default viewing option, but I don't see one. Anyway, if you did select "Plain Text" in the dropdown menu of the Toolbar, I guess you can undo by going to the same dropdown menu and select "Foxtrot Preview" or "Quick Look Preview".

... Or it could also be a bug. You might have to give us more details on what you're experiencing.
Re: Preview shows only plain text for pdf [message #1545 is a reply to message #1542] Mon, 31 October 2022 08:12 Go to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
Please take a look at our FAQ, then report if the problem persists.

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering
Previous Topic: BUG: Unexpected behavior when using "Does not contain any of the strings"
Next Topic: Indexing is stuck with HIERARCHICAL EXCEPTION CAUGHT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:50:57 GMT+1 2024