FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Method to quickly select all search results
Method to quickly select all search results [message #1637] Sat, 04 March 2023 03:33 Go to next message
Atlas
Hi. Foxtrot does a pretty decent job of displaying search results, but I often need to process the search results further to better visualize the connections between my documents. Is there a keyboard shortcut or script that allow users to quickly select all search results, so that the paths of the search results can be exported to other applications for further processing?

- Yes, I know I can select a search result and hit "Command-A", but this is the workflow I want to streamline, because I invoke Foxtrot searches probably 30 - 50 times a day, and the seconds add up, not to mention that manual processes like these are error prone.

Thank you.
Re: Method to quickly select all search results [message #1730 is a reply to message #1637] Mon, 13 November 2023 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torston
This should work on a Mac. Enter a search query and when all the results are shown select all, as you said, then do a Command C (to copy them all) and then paste what's now on your clipboard into a plain text document on your Mac making sure to 'Paste and Match Style'. You should end up with a list of all the selected search results with their paths.
Re: Method to quickly select all search results [message #1735 is a reply to message #1730] Thu, 16 November 2023 15:28 Go to previous message
Atlas
The problem is not that users cannot get the paths of all search results. The problem is it has to be done manually and it can be error prone. In particular, user has to manually select all the search result files, and perform a batch operation such as "copy". What if the user mis-click on copy and accidentally does another batch operation? Manual batch workflows are error prone and the odds of making a mistake increases if you perform the action frequently everyday.

This feature request is a life improvement feature, and I'm guessing that most people would be fine with just "select all" followed by "copy".
Previous Topic: Can't install 7.5.6 update
Next Topic: Need Help with OCR - Keeping Original Images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:06:58 GMT+1 2024