FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Just a little note of thanks
Just a little note of thanks [message #1684] Sat, 19 August 2023 17:14 Go to next message
Grant Barrett
Hey, I just wanted to leave a little note of thanks. Every time I use FoxTrot Pro in my work (which involves language and linguistics for an online dictionary and for a national radio show), it does exactly what it should. It's easy to not notice when something works well! It works on more than 1.3 TB of files in more than 100 indexes. The indexes alone are more than 80GB in size in total, even when compressed by FT. Just the ability to do the sophisticated proximity searches with FoxTrot queries, like {10} "wordA" "wordB" is completely a game-changer — if only I could do that on the whole internet! Anyway, I appreciate this product, use it all the time, and am pleased it exists in the world and continues to be developed. Thanks.
Re: Just a little note of thanks [message #1698 is a reply to message #1684] Tue, 29 August 2023 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CTM info
Dear Paul,

Thank you for this - always a pleasure to read.

Kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
Re: Just a little note of thanks [message #1700 is a reply to message #1698] Wed, 30 August 2023 01:31 Go to previous message
Grant Barrett
I'm not Paul!
Previous Topic: Exclude subfolders from index by folder name
Next Topic: When searching a Popup comes up randomly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 20:18:49 GMT+2 2024