FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Possible to duplicate files and their indexes on new volume? (Will be giving identical files to friend, want to give them FoxTrot, too)
Possible to duplicate files and their indexes on new volume? [message #1227] Mon, 14 June 2021 23:06 Go to previous message
Grant Barrett
I have about 250GB (225K files, hundreds of directories) indexed by FoxTrot in 81 indexes. Some of the indexed content includes sub-directories that are indexed by multiple indexes. This is a generalized and oversimplified example:

/documents/contentA/subcontentA/
/documents/contentB/subcontentB/
/documents/contentC/

Index1->contentA/*
Index3->contentA/*+subcontentA/*
Index3->contentA/*+subcontentB/*
Index1->contentB/*
Index4->contentB/*+subcontentB/*
Index1->contentC/*
Index2->contentC/+subcontentA/*

What I want to do is make an exact duplicate of my files and file structure, and an exact duplicate of all my indexes, and put them on an external drive for my friend with a licensed copy of FoxTrot so they can have an identical searchable setup to what I have WITHOUT me or them having to go through and reselect all the indexed folders in each of the 81 indexes. Is this possible? Does FoxtTrot (as some software does) have the option of, on a new drive, selecting a root folder for all the indexed data and just matching the pre-existing directory and file trees in the indexes it is now aware of?

Thanks, in any case.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Accessibility options
Next Topic: "Devonthink 3 Spotlight" as a predefined location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:23:02 GMT+2 2024