FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » BUG: Cannot combine Foxtrot Query's exclusion syntax across multiple search fields
BUG: Cannot combine Foxtrot Query's exclusion syntax across multiple search fields [message #1493] Wed, 27 July 2022 11:37 Go to previous message
Atlas
Currently, we can combine the exclusion syntax with other Foxtrot Query syntax in the SAME FIELD. But it doesn't look like I can combine a search field that contains only Foxtrot Query exclusion with another search field.

1. Query 1: This works as expected, when I'm using one search field with the Foxtrot Query "find all documents with the word inflation and not mmo"
2. Query 2: No results. This should give the same results as the Query 1, because I'm just splitting the condition into two fields. The first field says "find all documents with the word inflation", and the second field says "not the word mmo". Both fields are combined using "All criteria (AND)"

The realistic workflow where I experience this problem is this: Find all documents with the word "inflation" anywhere, and not the word "mmo" in its file name. Foxtrot query doesn't allow me to search by properties like file name, so I have to break my Foxtrot query into multiple fields. Please let me know if this is a bug, or if this is a limitation with Foxtrot Query exclusion syntax that's not described in documentation.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BUG: Not seeing keyword highlights
Next Topic: Is Foxtrot Query heading toward deprecation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 16:22:12 GMT+2 2024