FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » BUG: Foxtrot looks like it is not indexing large files completely
BUG: Foxtrot looks like it is not indexing large files completely [message #1593] Sat, 10 December 2022 12:19 Go to previous message
Atlas
Background

- I've posted previously [url=https://forum.foxtrot-search.com/index.php?t=msg&th =518&#msg_1553]here[/url] that it looks like Foxtrot doesn't completely index large html files. I've described in that thread that Foxtrot doesn't completely index html files even if it's as small as 35MB.
- In the past month, I thought that maybe the problem is only restricted to html files. However, it looks like Foxtrot is also not indexing large text files.

Details of current bug

- I have a large tsv file that's 650MB (which I believe Foxtrot treats as a text file). This is an archive file.
- I put this large file in its own folder, and create a separate Foxtrot index which targets only the parent folder of this file.
- I removed plain text file limits using "defaults write com.ctmdev.FoxTrotShared PlainTextFileLimitMB -int 0". This is according to website instruction.
- When I search for text string inside this tsv files, I noticed that I only get search results if the text string appears in the very top of the file. Text strings at the bottom of the file are not searchable.

Current concern

- I have a feeling that Foxtrot is doing in INCOMPLETE index of files if the size is over a certain limit, no matter what's the file format. If this is the case, users need to at least know what's that size limit so they can be prepared to deal with it. But ideally, if this bug exists then it should be fixed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Epub indexing?
Next Topic: New User
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:15:11 GMT+2 2024