FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Foxtrot seems confused with certain unicode characters
Foxtrot seems confused with certain unicode characters [message #1744] Wed, 06 December 2023 15:46 Go to previous message
Atlas
I have a file with the name "231019656 ・ Non‐Western orientations to strategic intelligence - Bozeman [Book].pdf". When I search for files with the unicode character "non-breaking hyphen" (U+2011), this file also pop up, even though the hyphen inside "Non‐Western" is actually a unicode character called "hyphen" (U+2010). I double checked, and it looks like Foxtrot thinks the "hyphen" (U+2010) is a "non-breaking hyphen (U+2011) when I search for these characters using "Advanced Filter" > File Name > "Contains any of the strings > "Ignore Case"+"Ignore Composition"+"Multiple Strings".

These two unicode characters are definitely different, but maybe "Ignore Composition" is somehow having an unintended effect? As far as I can tell, the "Ignore Composition" is only suppose to affect alphabet letters (according to Foxtrot's FAQ page). Please look into this and let us know if this is a bug that could be fixed, or if it's part of Foxtrot's designed behavior that needs to be clarified. I'm on Foxtrot 7.5.6.

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Unusually long and empty blacklist window in version 8.0 build 2968 (Apple Silicon)
Next Topic: It's a paid upgrade -- you'll learn after you install and try to use it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 22:08:31 GMT+2 2024