FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Results not showing from "all" index that show in subset indexes
Results not showing from "all" index that show in subset indexes [message #1757] Wed, 17 January 2024 01:23 Go to previous message
Grant Barrett
In my FT Pro installation, I have one Main Index that includes an entire documents folder (and its subfolders). I also have individual indexes for different subtopic directories that are found as subfolders within the document directory.

So:
-Documents
--Topic 1
---Topic 1 Subtopic 1
---Topic 1 Subtopic 2
----Topic 1 Subsubtopic 1
----Topic 1 Subsubtopic 2
--Topic 2
---Topic 2 Subtopic 1
---Topic 2 Subtopic 2

And so forth

Sometimes if I search for (a real example from today)
Matches the FoxTrot Query: "piper's bag"
I find 19 results in the "Topic 1" index. However, performing the same search in the Main Index — which *includes* the Topic 1 directory as a subdirectory — returns no results.

This has been an ongoing issue for a while, where I couldn't be sure I was getting all the results from FT so to be sure I would have to select all indexes (which introduces duplicate results) or do
{2} "piper*" "bag*"
proximity searches. I will try to note any other phrases that this happens with.

I thought it might be a problem with apostrophe searches, but "Robin Hood's barn" works: I get the same results for
Matches the FoxTrot Query: "Robin Hood's barn"
as I do for
Matches the FoxTrot Query: {3} "Robin Hood*" "barn"
I have completely rebuilt the indexes using the option-launch feature.

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Wed, 17 January 2024 01:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ePub indexing
Next Topic: Pro license number of installations and epub in Attache
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:59:47 GMT+2 2024