FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » It's a paid upgrade -- you'll learn after you install and try to use it
Re: It's a paid upgrade -- you'll learn after you install and try to use it [message #1736 is a reply to message #1717] Fri, 17 November 2023 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Atlas
I don't mind paying for upgrades, but I don't have the confidence to upgrade to version 8 mainly because Foxtrot doesn't seem responsive to bug reports. New software releases usually have a period of instability in the beginning, when it's really important to fix bugs quickly, and I don't have the confidence that Foxtrot will do that with version 8 given my recent experiences. For example, I get radio silence when I send bug reports, and I don't even know if I've sent them to the right place, because Foxtrot doesn't even confirm that it receives the message.

Version 7 is not perfect, but it seems stable enough that I can continue to depend on it for now.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Foxtrot seems confused with certain unicode characters
Next Topic: Unexpected behavior when searching for single character with Foxtrot Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 22 03:29:33 GMT+2 2024