FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » It's a paid upgrade -- you'll learn after you install and try to use it
Re: It's a paid upgrade -- you'll learn after you install and try to use it [message #1747 is a reply to message #577] Mon, 11 December 2023 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJKS
I hear what you say. FTP 8 seems to have some added features, but mostly they don't apply to me.

The OCR feature would be a bonus, but as I have already invested in four other programs to handle PDF files, including doing OCR, I don't have an urgent need to upgrade.

Version 7 however no longer works on my Apple silicon Mac Studio with Sonoma, so I'm currently using the (second) beta of version 8.

I will upgrade to version 8 when it is out of beta but not because the new version offers me anything new.

I guess everybody has different needs?

Nothing can replace FTP in my work and research, so I don't have a problem with continuing to support the company and the product.

I agree with the comments about the devs being better at communicating and acknowledging bug reports, feature requests, etc.

All the same, I imagine they are all doing the best they can—and perhaps they need to hold down other jobs, support their families, do their national service, go on holiday too?

FTP is essential for my work and research, it's stable and it works, it's affordable and the upgrade price is a good and fair discount to existing customers.

I hope they can avoid the Adobe model of "software rental". OK it's not just Adobe, but I stopped using Adobe and now use the Affinity Suite instead because of Adobe's switch to a subscription model.

That's all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Foxtrot seems confused with certain unicode characters
Next Topic: Unexpected behavior when searching for single character with Foxtrot Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 16:24:09 GMT+2 2024