FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Question about FoxTrot Attaché Search for iOS (to the developer)
Re: Question about FoxTrot Attaché Search for iOS (to the developer) [message #754 is a reply to message #753] Mon, 28 May 2018 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CTM Development
greetings to all,

We have read the reports about aattaché upload stalls - but unfortunately we do not have a solution.

If we cannot resolve it we will have take the upload functionality out of the application and use the best available alternatives via third parties, iMazing being a very good option, even if it does not push, it works wirelessly.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

> On May 28, 2018, at 11:56, Wolter Rose wrote:
>
> iMazing will not push
>
>> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Darren Ingram wrote:
>> "I use iMazing for this. I (should) always check after
>> synchronization that the iOS index works alright, very
>> occasionally something goes wrong."
>>
>> Thanks. I wanted to avoid needing to have the iPad in the same room as the desktop machine. I see iMazing has wireless backup, but can it go the other way, e.g. automatically search for the iPad and push the update? I couldn't see that in their website, but I am less familiar with the application.
>>
>> A wireless sync would be highly desirable, even if you have to manually "pull" it from the FT application.
>>
>> Maybe the developer can advise too if it can be on the roadmap and place?
>>
>> Darren
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> On 28 May 2018 at 11:52, Wolter Rose wrote:
>>> support for wireless synchronisation
>>>
>>> I use iMazing for this. I (should) always check after
>>> synchronization that the iOS index works alright, very
>>> occasionally something goes wrong.
>>>
>>> It also works through the lightning cable, BTW. But
>>> iMazing allows you to skip iTunes, if you are so
>>> inclined, as I am.
>>>
>>> You will have to copy the entire index each time.
>>>
>>> Wolter
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Darren Ingram wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hello.
>>>>
>>>> Reading the information at http://www.ctmdev.com/foxtrot/foxtrot-attache-search/index.h tml it implies that the only way to synchronise data is via iTunes (presumably then a cable)?
>>>>
>>>> As you have to purchase the application on the app store to check, it is better to ask here.
>>>>
>>>> Is there any support for wireless synchronisation?
>>>>
>>>> Once you have the file synchronised are all subsequent changes just deltas or does it copy the entire index each time?
>>>>
>>>> I would really need wireless synch since I have the Search program on my desktop machine in the workroom and don't always have my iPad Pro with me (it is in the house, but I can get on to the LAN so synching is easy if supported).
>>>>
>>>> Thanks, Darren
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using a keyboard with Foxtrot Attaché ?
Next Topic: indexing Evernote
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:44:16 GMT+2 2024