FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » FTP not indexing Scrivener files (FTP not indexing Scrivener files)
FTP not indexing Scrivener files [message #1115] Sun, 20 December 2020 04:12 Go to previous message
John Askins
I used to be able to search for and view Scrivener files. A few updates later I no longer can. Yes, I have enabled "Store document textual contents" in managing indices. I have told FTP to index word processor, document, plain text, file archive and other file.

FTP can see the files, because they are listed under Search Sources, but searching for a string returns only "content.rtf" files that are basically one chapter out of a Scrivener document. They are described as "hidden" and as item kind "word processor." Hovering over the content.rtf files shows a pathname that includes the actual Scrivener file, but this is a really tedious way to find them.

It would be extremely helpful if, once this is fixed, the developers include Scrivener specifically as a kind of file to index.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: using diacritic symbols
Next Topic: System menu (menu bar)