FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » FTP not indexing Scrivener files (FTP not indexing Scrivener files)
Re: FTP not indexing Scrivener files [message #1118 is a reply to message #1116] Wed, 23 December 2020 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
John Askins
Thank you for taking the time to respond at length. I know you are busy.

I had these experiences when trying to follow your suggestions (my comments in caps):

- If FoxTrot finds some "content.rtf" files hidden inside Scrivener documents, this is because "files inside packages" and "also include files inside Spotlight-supported packages" are enabled, in the "including" popup menu in the "indexed data" pane, for the folder containing your Scrivener files.
FOXTROT FINDS THE “CONTENT.RFT” FILES WHETHER OR NOT THOSE CHOICES ARE ENABLED.

- Scrivener files are categorized by FoxTrot as "Document", but you can use the "by extension" categorizer to filter the files with either .scriv or .rtf extension.
THE “BY EXTENSION” CATEGORIZER SEES .RTF AND .DOCX. BUT NOT .SCRIV.
- Also, you can use the contextual menu on a found .rtf file; the "reveal in Finder" submenu will allow to directly select the parent .scriv file in the Finder.
THE “REVEAL IN FINDER” SUBMENU IS UNRESPONSIVE. THE “OPEN IN EXTERNAL APPLICATION” SUBMENU DOESN’T WORK EITHER.

Clearly there is some difference between your experience and mine. Maybe it has to do with platforms? I am using Big Sur version 11.1 on an M1-chip Mac Mini (however, I had the “content.rft” problem on an older Mini with earlier versions of Mac OS). The Scrivener version is 3.2.2. The FoxTrot Pro version is 7.0.3.

I would be very grateful for any additional thoughts you may have.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2020 20:45]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message