FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Interaction in the settings between macOS and Foxtrot regarding folders excluded from Spotlight (Interaction in the settings between macOS and Foxtrot regarding folders excluded from Spotlight)
Re: Interaction in the settings between macOS and Foxtrot regarding folders excluded from Spotlight [message #1155 is a reply to message #1154] Sun, 14 March 2021 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
stephan
Thanks Michel for your answer, but it still do not understand:

1. Both settings should do the same as per my understanding, namely define specific folder to be excluded from Spotlight indexing (at least this is what I understand as per your explanations regarding Foxtrot).
2. Since the 2 settings actually contradict (per default nothing is excluded for indexing by Finder, but my user folder is being excluded by Foxtrot), I still ask which of the 2 settings is effective.
3. Is it a Foxtrot default setting that the user folder is excluded from Spotlight indexing? Does this actually mean that Spotlight e.g. does not index my mail?

Cheers

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message