FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » unable to index Outlook Main Profile folder
Re: unable to index Outlook Main Profile folder [message #1229 is a reply to message #1226] Tue, 15 June 2021 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
I think there are two unrelated things here:
1. an issue with your Outlook messages
2. an issue with "full disk access" permission

Maybe you removed "full disk access" permission in an attempt to fix issue 1, or when re-installing FoxTrot. If you grant this permission again, then quit FoxTrot, make sure its background processes are also stopped (you can check with Activity Monitor, or reboot your Mac to be really sure), then relaunch it, this message should not appear again (except possibly for the /var/private folders, on macOS 11.4, if you are not using FoxTrot 7.1b1). Or do you confirm that this message appears again and again?

Which version of FoxTrot are you using? There was an issue with .eml messages on macOS 11.x, that was fixed in FoxTrot 7.0.4. However, I think Outlook's messages have a .olk15Message filename extension, rigth?
You can check which metadata importers are found on your Mac by pasting the following command in a Terminal.app window:
mdimport -L
Does "Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter" appears in the result? If not, I think that launching Outlook should fix the issue.
Can you find your Outlook messages using Spotlight?

You certainly did not do this, but it is also possible to disable some third party metadata importers in FoxTrot, by pressing the command and option keys when launching FoxTrot, and checking "manage third-party Spotlight importers".

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Full Disk Access
Next Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search 7.1b2 available for public testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:31:15 GMT+2 2024