FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » unable to index Outlook Main Profile folder
Re: unable to index Outlook Main Profile folder [message #1232 is a reply to message #1229] Fri, 18 June 2021 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
suite48
Let's start with "Full disk access". I just did as advised, including rebooting. But the "Foxtrot needs to be pre-authorized to access some of your data" message appeared again eventhough full disk access was already selected. I am on Foxtrot 7.04 build 2612. I don't know if "continue as is" then has any impact on the indexing but that's the only option I have once I get the Foxtrot warning.

Regarding the Outlook messages. My Outlook files currently have the .eml extension; it appears they are the ones affected, as the ones I do get in my search results are all in the old .olk15Message format mails. I believe Outlook at some point changed their file format.

The Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter does show up as a metadata importer.

Regarding Spotlight: This is the weird part - Spotlight works partially for my Outlook mails: it finds some of my recent (.eml) files but definitely not all, while Foxtrot finds none, while Outlook itself (which uses Spotlight indexing) finds all of them!

Any suggestions other than me going back to Apple and Microsoft again? (I already rebuild the Spotlight index without success)

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Full Disk Access
Next Topic: [ANN] FoxTrot Search 7.1b2 available for public testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:17:48 GMT+2 2024