FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Safari History (How to search history in safari)
Re: Safari History [message #1350 is a reply to message #1348] Fri, 18 February 2022 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Atlas
I'm hoping the Foxtrot team would answer directly, but perhaps my experience with Foxtrot might help shed some light. Foxtrot does not index ALL file types. It typically will index documents and other file types that you work with on a daily basis. However, Safari history is stored in a database, and Foxtrot (to my understanding) does not index databases. Therefore, telling Foxtrot to index the location of Safari history will not help. In my experience, you would need another application that can search Safari's history database. There are several options, including HistoryHound and "DB Browser for SQLite".

It should be noted that HistoryHound will not only search through Safari's history, but it will also index the page content of your browsing history, which means you can search through the content of webpages you've visited. This could be a great feature, but if you only want to search through the url and title of your webpages, then use something like "DB Browser for SQLite" and follow this guide:http://2016.padjo.org/tutorials/sqlite-your-browser-hi story/. There are also other applications like Alfred and LaunchBar that offer methods for searching Safari's history, but they are not as sophisticated as HistoryHound or DB Browser.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lower bound for proximity search
Next Topic: Do html files rely on Spotlight index?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:36:41 GMT+2 2024