FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Do html files rely on Spotlight index?
Do html files rely on Spotlight index? [message #1352] Sat, 19 February 2022 07:21 Go to previous message
Atlas
I installed Foxtrot on two separate machines, and the first one is able to index html files just fine. However, the spotlight index for the second machine is not able to index html files (and I've tried everything but I can't fix the spotlight index on this second machine). At first, I thought this wouldn't affect Foxtrot index and that I would still be able to search for my html files using Foxtrot. However, it seems that Foxtrot cannot search for html files on the second machine either. Basically, any file that the spotlight on the second machine cannot search, Foxtrot cannot search for it either, so it looks like Foxtrot indexes html files using the index from spotlight. Is this correct? I just want to confirm the behavior, and report this as a bug if it's not expected behavior.

Example of file that Foxtrot here. In my diagnostic, Devonthink is able to index this html file independently of spotlight on the second machine, and it can search the file. Therefore, I don't think it's the file that's not indexable.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Safari History
Next Topic: Please help me get my indexing started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:25:48 GMT+2 2024