FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » Do html files rely on Spotlight index?
Re: Do html files rely on Spotlight index? [message #1361 is a reply to message #1360] Sun, 20 February 2022 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Atlas
Thanks for clarifying on the difference between what the indexer sees and what the preview sees.

(1) When I option-click the html file on the machine where Foxtrot is not able to search for the file content, I can see that the index doesn't contain any meaningful text other than the page title. So something has gone wrong on that machine with MacOS12, where the Spotlight importer is not able to index the html file correctly. Is that a good interpretation of the situation?
(2) I just realized that we're only on version 7.1.3, which seems far from 7.5. So does that mean the commands you've kindly shown is not available yet?

Thanks for clarifying this issue, because it's not always clear how Foxtrot interacts with Spotlight index. In the current situation with html files, it really looks to me like Foxtrot search relies on Spotlight importer to extract indexable text, which means Foxtrot search will fail if Spotlight importer fails (for whatever reason). Seems like Gumbo might be a solution and I'm glad we're working on it.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2022 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Safari History
Next Topic: Please help me get my indexing started
Goto Forum: