FoxTrot Search Forum
FoxTrot Search for macOS Forum

Home » Public Forums » FoxTrot Search User Forum » [ANN] FoxTrot Search 4.5 beta 2 final candidate available, including Attaché 4.5b1
Re: [ANN] FoxTrot Search 4.5 beta 2 final candidate available, including Attaché 4.5b1 [message #107 is a reply to message #105] Fri, 15 March 2013 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FoxTrot Engineering
Olivier Bedouelle wrote:

> I have a latest version foxtrot and same with eagle file it's not
> possible to index a message Mailmate.

FoxTrot needs a Spotlight importer that handles .eml files in order to index MailMate's messages. EagleFiler has such an importer, so this should work.
Check that EagleFiler's importer is loaded by Spotlight by typing the following command in a Terminal.app window:

mdimport -L

If it does not appear in the list, you may have to launch EagleFiler, or to log out and log back your OS X user session.
This should not be the case if you have just installed EagleFiler, but you can also verify that it's importer has not been disabled in FoxTrot by pressing the command and option keys while launching FoxTrot, then checking "manage third party importers".

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------
"I would like to comment that FoxTrot is so far superior to Spotlight
in every way that without it, I would probably have to go back to
Windows (shudder) since the ability to search my own files is mission
critical."
Steven Merley, FoxTrot Personal Search user

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Jérôme - FoxTrot Engineering

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: foxtrot-search - Google Groups: Message Pending [{IKmZk4jy_5aVOSoCcWEwAQa71EW_RJeq0}]
Next Topic: foxtrot-search - Google Groups: Message Pending [{IOKgt_Pp4NjNdSoCcWEwAUc_fr8vKxSf0}]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 21:57:16 GMT+2 2024